Your best defence against trouble and expense
- Your employer is downsizing and offers you a severance package. Is the offer fair?
- The dry cleaner ruins your coat and refuses to compensate you. What should you do?
- When you pick up your car from the body shop, it has not been repaired properly. Do you have any recour?
Take the stress out of defending your rights
Do you feel that you could never afford the time and money it would take to assert your rights? Legal Advisor* is there to help you. Available exclusively to Intact home insurance policyholders, this two-part protection costs only $35 per year + tax – pennies a day to free you from a very real concern.
A lawyer’s advice
Our telephone legal assistance service lets you speak directly with a lawyer** for unlimited legal advice at no additional cost. Just dial the toll-free number 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The lawyer will tell you what your rights are and what recourse you have, and may be able to help you reach an out-of-court settlement.
Legal fees – if it comes to that
Sometimes you just cannot reach a settlement and you have no choice but a lawsuit. If that happens, your lawyer’s fees will be covered up to a maximum of $3,000 per case. There is no deductible and a limit of three cases per year.* If you wish, you may increase your coverage to $5,000 per case for just $45 per year + tax.
- consumer disputes (purchaser only)
- bodily injury and property damage
- property and residential
- income security
We’re standing by, ready to provide information and advice!
To find out more about the insurance products we offer, left-click on the one that interests you. For more information or for advice, call or e-mail us. We’ll get back to you within 2 hours during regular business hours.
* Certain conditions, limitations and exclusions apply. Legal Advisor is a service offered to Quebec residents through the firm Assistenza Inernationale for lawsuits originating in the Province of Quebec. There is a 60-day waiting period after the policy goes into effect.
** Criminal and commercial law cases are not covered.
***Certain areas of the law are excluded, and cases within Small Claims Court cases are not covered.